Peace Links: Thank You and Happy Holidays
Many of us are celebrating winter holidays this week and next, or ringing in the new year. At Peace X Peace we’ll be taking a bit of a breather next week, and so will Peace Links. We’ll be back on January 6th. Thank you all for a great year, and for reading this new feature! Please let me know if you have any suggestions or questions (email@example.com), and I look forward to sharing some great links in 2012. Cheers!
- Big shout out to Hilary Clinton this week and last. Between the launch of the U.S. National Action Plan on Women, Peace, and Security, and the Women in Public Service Project, Clinton and the State Department are doing (most of) the right things!
- From one of my favorite non-political blogs, a thoughtful essay on 20-something Iraq war veterans.
- Rattled, bewildered, or surprised by the death of Kim Jong Il? I recommend checking out this excellent documentary for a glimpse of life under his regime. (Last time I checked you could stream it on Netflix.)
- Laila El-Haddad has the same reaction to Newt Gingrich’s “invented people” comments about Palestinians as our own Patricia Smith. As a Palestinian woman, Laila asserts her own existence!
- Will Liberia’s women support Nobel Peace Prize Winner Ellen Johnson Sirleaf again? Listen here.