Our Muslim Sisters and Brothers Celebrate Ramadan, the Holy Month of Fasting
The following are a series of links to resources that highlight health considerations and traditions during Ramadan, the holy month of fasting observed by Muslims around the world.
- This Huffington Post article looks at History, Dates, Greeting, and Rules Of The Muslim Fast.
- Muslimah Media Watch posted Ramadan (Food) and the Working Girl, an article by a woman who highlights three key lessons she has learned after 13 years of observing Ramadan.
- ProductiveMuslim.com offers great tips on Ramadan and Productivity, including info on nutrition and workouts during this month of fasting, and studying the Quran.
- Common Ground News Service features Embracing a Greener Ramadan, which highlights Muslims in the United States contributing to environmental sustainability.
- Check out this video: Ramadan Do’s and Don’ts for Azizah Magazine, by French-Canadian Nutrition and Fitness Consultant Myriam St.-Germain.
- From AltMuslimah, a Ramadan Healthy Eating Guide.
We invite you to include your own links in the comments section, and Ramadan Mubarak to our Muslim sisters and brothers!
Follow Peace X Peace on Twitter (@PeaceXPeace)
Follow the Connection Point initiative on Twitter (@Connection_Pt)
The views and opinions expressed by the author do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Peace X Peace.