Take Action – Sign a Petition for Women!
- Support the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act. Why? To help women and families affected by violence and abuse to maintain access to vital resources.
- Help Moms Fight Malaria. Why? Because Malaria is responsible for the death of 1 child every 45 seconds, and providing women support through microloans and education can help reduce this appalling statistic.
- Stand Up For Women and Girls Around the World. Why? To show solidarity and spread awareness about the challenges women face around the world, so that we can uncover opportunities to help make change.
- Teen Vogue. Give Us Images of Real Girls! Why? Because it is time to stop bombarding young women with enhanced and photoshopped images, and showcase the beauty of real girls. Let’s stop supporting low self-esteem, and start supporting strong women of all shapes and sizes.
- It’s Time for a Woman Moderator: Equality in the 2012 United States Presidential Debates! Why? Because it has been 20 years since the last time a woman moderated a US Presidential debate…need we say more?
Follow Peace X Peace on Twitter (@PeaceXPeace)
Follow the Connection Point initiative on Twitter (@Connection_Pt)
The views and opinions expressed by the author do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Peace X Peace.