The Globalization of Beauty?
Do you think ‘beauty’ is becoming globalized? What exactly does it mean to be ‘beautiful?’ and what messages should we be sending women around the world when we define concepts of beauty? Below are a series of links to articles exploring concepts of beauty and their impact on societies around the world.
- Beauty Redefined blog: No Prince Charming Can Conquer Your Body Image Battle
- The New York Times: Bodies Altered in Pursuit of Beauty
- Hub Page by Maddie Ruud: Western Standards of Beauty: An Illustrated Timeline
- Jezebel: Models’ Real Faces, Before The Photoshop Magic
- Women’s Media Center: Women’s Magazines and the Cult of Hypocrisy
We invite you to include your own links and perspectives on global concepts of beauty in the comments section!
Follow Peace X Peace on Twitter (@PeaceXPeace)
Follow the Connection Point initiative on Twitter (@Connection_Pt)
The views and opinions expressed by the author do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Peace X Peace.