Connection Point Submission Guidelines
Connection Point E-Newsletter Submission Guidelines
The Connection Point E-Newsletter invites women and men to express their viewpoints and share their perspectives in columns that form the groundwork for a discourse across cultural and religious boundaries. Rather than reporting on behalf of others, we provide an outlet for individuals, especially women, to speak for themselves. Connection Point articles are shared on our website, and distributed to over 18,000 subscribers in 120 countries.
Connection Point E-Newsletter articles promote dialogue, empathy, and mutual respect and understanding between Western societies and pre-dominantly Arab and Muslim societies. The focus of articles is on issues related to women and social change, as well as cross-cultural understanding. Women and men have written on a variety of issues, including, but not limited to:
- Social and political issues in Arab and Muslim countries
- Islamic feminism
- Interfaith dialogue
- The Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- Social justice initiatives
Tips for writing a Connection Point E-Newsletter article:
- Make it personal: our publications are first-person accounts, and those that are most compelling make a personal connection. For example, if you are writing about an issue, include details about why you personally care about that issue. (Articles can be published anonymously)
- Make it clear: the experience described can be large or small, but make sure the way you describe it makes it easy for the reader to follow
- Make it constructive: If writing about a challenge, pose a question or suggest an action that addresses that challenge. What next step would you like readers to take after reading your article?
- Be unique: be sure to introduce original thoughts and ideas on the topic you are discussing
- Keep it brief: aim for a length of 600-900 words
- Give it context: include your location (country), and attach a photo of yourself or the people and events described the post (optional)
For questions on these guidelines, please contact email@example.com.